The 77-year-old star performed at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall on Wednesday evening.
The show was part of his 60th anniversary tour is his first tour following his two-year ordeal of false historical sex abuse claims.
Having won a legal battle with the BBC, Sir Cliff appeared back on form at the concert.
According to Daily Mail, the singer put his hand on his heart and expressed his love and thanks to his fans for sticking by him during the ordeal.
The corporation said: “Instead the BBC is writing today to ask the Government to consider a review of the law in this important area to protect the right to properly and fairly report criminal investigations and to name the person under investigation.
“There is a fundamental principle of press freedom at stake here and one upon which we believe Parliament, as our lawmakers, should decide.”
In a statement, the organisation repeated its apology to the Summer Holiday hitmaker for the distress caused and said: “We fully appreciate the impact this has had on him.
“There are lessons for the BBC in how we reported this story and we will think very carefully about our approach in the future – both in tone and style. We recognise there are things we got wrong – even if all the facts we reported were right.”
A spokesman for Sir Cliff Richard said: “Sir Cliff reluctantly took his case to court because he felt his privacy had been flagrantly invaded and disappointingly the BBC were not prepared to acknowledge that and apologise.
“He welcomes the fact the BBC have decided not to seek permission to appeal from the Court of Appeal, particularly after the judge gave his judgement that they had no grounds on which to pursue such an action.
“Sir Cliff now hopes that outstanding issues can be resolved quickly.”
The star continues his 60th anniversary tour tonight with a concert at Manchester’s Bridgewater Hall.